Monday, December 16, 2013

Abhishek Bachchan: Dhoom is my film and I am the hero!



The Dhoom series has had inspector Jai Dixit as one of the constants and Jr Bachchanbelieves he is the hero of the film which could not have been made without him and co-star Uday Chopra.

Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif may be the latest starry additions to Dhoom:3, however Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra are reprising their roles of Jai Dixit and Ali Akbar yet again. And Abhishek truly believes that Dhoom is his film.

In a recent interview for his film Abhishek said, ”Dhoom is my film and I am the hero. Nobody can take that away from me. You can be the biggest or the smallest star but ‘Dhoom’ is about Jai and Ali. It is as simple as that. If the characters of Jai and Ali are not there in ‘Dhoom’, the film won’t be there.”

There were reports that Abhishek was unhappy with the way the film was being promoted. The actor minced no words to express his displeasure, “You should ask the people who decide the marketing strategy which evidently isn’t me. It is my film and wherever they ask me to come I will. Obviously, I want to stand by it. If they feel there are certain events where they don’t want me to be around, what can I do about that. Do I feel bad for it?..No, I don’t give attention to these things.” The actor also added, “I think it matters from case to case. In a film like ‘Dhoom’, I think it doesn’t need any stars. It doesn’t need Aamir, me and Uday. ‘Dhoom’ has become a franchise in itself, you can have newcomers and it will do great.”




People also read:

Will Hrithik Suzanner's Divorce Be the Most Expensive in B'Town?
Dhoom 3 Does not need Aamir: Abhishek
Deepiks, Ranveer & Ranbir to Party Together
Preity Wants to Marry KJo?

No comments:

Post a Comment